High Temperature Amber Polyimide Permanent Adhesive Labels
#105000 - Polyimide Permanent Labels
This high temperature Amber Polyimide with Permanent Self Adhesive label material (500°-1000°F) was designed for barcode or alphanumeric identification of printed circuit boards or related electronic components. Please read Technical Specifications Link for all Specifications by Printer Type.
105000 Amber Polyimide with Permanent Self Adhesive has a high-performance chemical resistant acrylic adhesive that may be printed on a small black and white laser printer. Material durability is subject to chemicals, cleaners, heat and saponifiers used in PCB manufacturing.
|105000-1||0.25″ × 0.25″||6.35 mm × 6.35 mm||936||11|
|105000-2||0.30″ × 0.375″||7.52 mm × 6.53 mm||836||12|
|105000-3||0.375″ × 0.375″||9.53 mm × 9.53 mm||400||25|
|105000-4||0.50″ × 0.437″||12.70 mm × 11.10 mm||286||35|
|105000-5||0.65″ × 0.25″||16.51 mm × 6.35 mm||152||66|
|105000-6||0.65″ × 0.20″||16.51 mm × 5.08 mm||480||21|
|105000-7||0.80″ × 0.25″||20.32 mm × 6.35 mm||304||33|
|105000-8||0.80″ × 0.50″||20.32 mm × 12.70 mm||152||66|
|105000-9||1.0″ × 0.25″||25.40 mm × 6.35 mm||266||38|
|105000-10||1.0″ × 0.375″||25.40 mm × 9.63 mm||175||58|
|105000-11||1.0″ × 0.50″||24.4 mm × 12.70 mm||133||76|
|105000-12||1.50″ × 0.25″||39.10 mm × 6.35 mm||190||53|
|105000-13||1.875″ × 0.25″||47.63 mm × 6.35 mm||156||64|
|105000-15||3.0″ × 0.375″||76.20 mm × 9.35 mm||50||100|
Pricing and shipping quotes available on request. Please contact us for more information.
Let us print for you! Full Color Printing available.
TDS No. 105000
Effective Date: 02/21/2000
Polyimide film with a high performance printable topcoat and a high temperature acrylic pressure sensitive adhesive.
Designed for applications requiring excellent solvent resistance and high temperature performance, like top side and bottom side of printed circuit boards.
Designed to withstand the various fluxes, molten solder dips or solder reflow methods, and cleaning solvents encountered in the manufacture of printed circuit boards.
Greenish/amber in color.
If you are looking to meet Mil-Std, then you must purchase 105000 sheets and print on a dot matrix printer using Brady Series R2000 dot matrix ribbons which meet the requirements of:
- MIL-P-55110D General Specification for Printed Wiring Boards
- MIL-M-81531 Marking of Electrical Insulating Materials
- MIL-STD-202F Method 215J Resistance to Solvents
(105000 printed with laser print does not meet these requirements)
- Thickness: 0.111 mm
- Adhesion to Stainless Steel: 24 hour dwell, 35 oz/in
- Adhesion to Epoxy PC Board: 24 hour dwell, 35 oz/in
- Adhesion to Textured ABS: 24 hour dwell, 6oz/in
- Adhesion to Polypropylene: 24 hour dwell, 13 oz/in
- Tack: 19 oz
- Drop Shear: over 100 hours
- Dielectric Strength: 9700 Volts
- Flammability: Less than 5 seconds
Performance properties tested on an HP Laser Jet 5P. Printed samples of 105000 were laminated to aluminum and allowed to dwell 24 hours before exposure to the indicated environmental conditions. Unless noted, results the same for three methods tested.
Short Term High Service Temperature:
5 minutes at 536°F (280°C) - No visible effect to label at 280°C. Label discolors slights at 300°C but still functional. at 320°C label still functional but slightly discolored and adhesive discolored at label edge.
2 hours at 518°F (270°C) - No visible effect to label at 260°C. Adhesive brown at edge of label at 280°C.
Long Term High Service Temperature:
1000 hours at 356°F (180°C) - No visible effect to label at 180°C. At 200°C label still functional but slightly discolored and adhesive brown at edge. At 200°C laser print degraded.
Low Service Temperature:
1000 hours at -94°F (-70°C) - No visible effect
1000 hours at 100°F, 95% R.H. - No visible effect
UV Light Resistance:
1000 hours in UV Sunlighter 100 - Topcoat fades to light yellow, label still functional
1000 hours in Xenon Arc Weatherometer - Topcoat degraded. Not recommended for outdoor use.
Salt Fog Resistance:
30 days at 5% salt fog - No visible effect
Taber Abraser, CS-10 grinding wheels, 500 g/arm - Slight topcoat removal but print still legible with R2000 at 200 cycles
Wave Solder and Vapor Phase Resistance:
- Label adhered to epoxy PC Board and exposed to 10 second dip at 480°F (249°C) - no visible effect
- Label adhered to epoxy PC Board and exposed to 2 minutes in Flourinert FC-5312 vapor phase at 420°F (216°C) - Vapor Phrase: R2000 had no visible effect with and without rub. Laser print had no visible effect without rub and severe print smear after rub.
Samples printed with Series R2000 dot ;matrix ribbons and Laser Jet 5P. Samples laminated to aluminum panels and allowed to dwell 24 hours prior to testing. Test was conducted at room temperature except where noted. Testing consisted of 5 cycles of 10 minute immersions in the specified test fluid followed by a 30 minute recovery period. After final immersion, samples rubbed 10 times with cotton swab saturated with test fluid.
- Methyl Ethyl Ketone: Slight adhesive ooze, print bleed without rub, moderate print removal after rub
- 1,1,1-Trichloroethane: Slight adhesive ooze, print bleed without rub, slight print removal after rub
- Toluene: print bleed without rub, moderate print removal after rub
- Isopropyl Alcohol: No visible effect
- Mineral Spirits: No visible effect without rub, slight print removal after rub
- JP-9 Jet Fuel: Slight adhesive ooze, no visible effect without rub, complete print removal after rub
- 6% Alphametals 2110 Saponifier at 70°C: topcoat removed
- SAE 20 WT Oil at 70°C: No visible effect
- Mil 5606 Oil: No visible effect
- Skydrol 500B-4: Moderate print removal without rub, severe print removal after rub
- BIOACT® EC-7R™ Terpene Cleaner: No visible effect without rub, moderate smear after rub
- Axarel® 32: print removed
- Re-entry KNI Solvent 2000 Terpene Cleaner: No visible effect without rub, severe print removal after rub
- Deionized Water: No visible effect
- 3% Alconox® Detergent: No visible effect
- 10% Sodium Hydroxide Solution: Whitening on topcoat
- 10% Sulfuric Acid Solution: No visible effect
105000 is not recommended for use in aqueous cleaning processes.
Samples printed with R2000 dot matrix ribbons and Laser Jet 5P. Printed Labels subjected to 3 cycles of 3 minute immersions immediately followed by a toothbrush rub after each immersion.
- Solvent A, 1 part IPA, 1 part Mineral Spirits: No visible effect on Dot Matrix, print removed on laser jet 5P
- Solvent B, 1,1,1-Trichloroethane: Solvent deleted per Notice 12 on Dot Matrix, Solvent deleted per Notice 12 on Laser jet 5P
- Solvent C, Terpene Defluxer: No visible effect on Dot Matrix, print removed on Laser jet 5P
- Solvent D, Saponifier at 70°C: No visible effect
- Laser printed samples failed test
Product testing, customer feedback, and history of similar products, support a customer performance expectation of at least two years from the date of receipt for this product as long as this product is stored in its original packaging in an environment below 80°F and 60% RH. We are confident that our product will perform well beyond this time frame. However, it remains the responsibility of the user to assess the risk of using suck product. We encourage customers to develop functional testing protocols that will qualify a product's fitness for use in their actual applications.
This product is currently available by special order. Pricing and shipping quotes available on request. Alternative materials may be available in stock. Please contact us for more information.