Washable Sewable Cotton Poplin Fabric Tags
#100723-1 - Matte Cotton Poplin Fabric
Inkjet Printable Washable Cotton Poplin is a fabric material for making labels, patches, or sewing a badge, insignia, or emblem. This material is a white cotton poplin that may be printed with a standard inkjet printer. Once printed in black inkjet ink, the material top coating makes the ink washable in water. Inkjet printing is legible (on a scale from 1-5 they be about 2-3) up to 5 machine washes. The inkjet printing will last a lot longer if the garment is hand washed. In all cases, a low pH balance soap is recommended.
This material has a unique carrier that assures it will not jam in an inkjet printer. After sewing edges, this material can be cut, sewn, riveted, and otherwise attached to other fabrics or materials.
8.5" x 11" Sheets
|Sheet Ct.||Price Per Sheet|
FABRIC RINSE (RINSING IS AN OPTION, IT IS NOT REQUIRED
- Remove Paper - Make a small tear in the edge of the fabric, only the paper will tear, not the fabric. Pull the fabric off the paper.
- Prepare your rinse - Make a mixture of tap water at room temperature with liquid fabric softener. Use 4 Tablespoons per cup of water. I have had good luck with Snuggle brand and All brand softeners. Stay away from softeners that have special additives, such as - Dye Free, for sensitive skin, extra fragrance, or color boosters.
- Containers - Use a container large enough to lay the fabric flat. You may use plastic, metal, or glass. The same solution can be used until the solution has a color change. You can store the mixture for future use.
- Rinse - Drop the fabric in face down. Place it in all at once. If it appears to float, push it down with your fingers.
- Count - Lift the fabric out of the solution within 15 seconds. Swish it a tiny bit to push the excess dye floating in the water away from the fabric. Don't let the fabric fold back on itself. Lay your fabric face down on a soft terry cloth towel. Fold back the towel. Blot to remove excess moisture.
- Dry - Open the towel right away. If you see the ghost of the image, don't worry, it is just the excess dye. Remove it from the towel. Lay it flat on a clean surface to dry, or microwave for about 1 minute, or blow with a hair dryer.
- The Results! - Your image should look as good, or better after the wetting process. The purposes for the rinse are:
- Remove the excess dye the printer may put down.
- Remove any unused chemical left in the fabric.
- Pre-shrink your fabric.
- Restore the full, soft hand to the silks.
- Fabric(s) and papers will leave dust and lint in your printer. Using a can of compressed air to 'blow' debris out of the printer mechanisms is a good preventative maintenance and will help to keep your printer clean.
- If the print quality appears to have changed OR if you can see banding or white lines through the image, check the printer utility for 'cleaning' instructions.
- Use low ph soaps only on Color Plus Fabrics®! (i.e. Ivory) DO NOT USE Tide, Cheer, All, Era etc.
- Store flat in low humidity conditions. Other conditions affecting performance are the age of your printer and the condition of the pickup and drive rollers inside the printer.
- All printers can be used with Color Plus Fabrics®. Light fastness and Wash fastness will vary with different inks.
Please Note: The Epson R 200 Series uses an oil based ink that will not work with this product!
This product is stocked and can be shipped in as little as 24 hours. Please Contact Us for more information.