Matte Self Extinguishing Fire Rated Polyvinyl Fluoride Film Permanent Adhesive Labels
#102255 - Fire Rated
This material is matte white with a permanent self adhesive on a liner formulated for laser printing. 102255 has been determined to be self extinguishing. Please see specifications below. Must be printed on a "Low Speed" tabletop (desktop) Black and White (B/W) or Color Laser Printer that accepts 9 mil (110 lb.) thick label material. Will not work on floor models or high speed lasers. The adhesive is a clear acrylic adaptable to many surfaces with a minimum application temperature of 50°F and a service range -40°F to 267°F.
Polyvinyl fluoride film with a pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive and a topcoating specially formulated for laser printers and toners. Designed for applications, like cable marking and component identification, that require a self-extinguishing material as well as good solvent and high temperature resistance. Formulated especially for laser printers. The material offers high print resolution, good solvent and smudge resistance. Has been judged to be self-extinguishing by laboratory testing.
Please Contact Us for Pricing and Availability
- Thickness: 0.091 MM
- Adhesion to Stainless Steel: 24 hour dwell - 45 oz/in
- Adhesion to Textured ABS: 24 hour dwell - 8 oz/in
- Tack: 16 oz
- Tensile Strength: 19 lbs/in
- Dielectric Strength: 5000 volts
- Flammability: Less than 10 seconds
- Application Temperature: 50°F
The following performance properties tested on unprinted 102255 samples with a HP Laser jet III.
- High Service Temperature: 30 days at 267°F
- Low Service Temperature: 30 days at -40°F
- Humidity Resistance: 30 days at 100F, 95% R.H.
- UV Light Resistance: 30 days in UV Sunlighter T100
- Weatherability: 30 days in Xenon Arc Weatherometer
The following are results from samples that were printed with an HP Laser jet III, laminated to flat aluminum panels, and dwelled 24 hours prior to test. Testing consisted of 5 cycles of 10 minute immersions in the specified chemicals followed by 30 minute recovery periods. Testing was conducted at room temperature.
- Methyl Ethyl Ketone: No visible effect on stock, printing removed
- 1,1,1-Tricholoethane: No visible effect on stock, printing removed
- Toluene: No visible effect on stock, printing removed
- Freon® TMS: No visible effect on stock or print
- Isopropyl Alcohol: No visible effect on stock or print
- Mineral Spirits: No visible effect on stock or print
- JP-4 Jet Fuel: No visible effect on stock or print
- ASTM #3 Oil: No visible effect on stock or print
- Mil 5606 Oil: No visible effect on stock or print
- Skydrole® 500B-4: No visible effect on stock or print
- Super Agitene®: No visible effect on stock, printing removed
- Deionized Water: No visible effect on stock or print
- 3% Alconox® Detergent: No visible effect on stock or print
- 10% Sodium Hydroxide Solution: No visible effect on stock or print
- 10% Sulfuric Acid Solution: No visible effect on stock or print
Product testing, customer feedback, and history of similar products, support a customer performance expectation of at least two years from the date of receipt for this product as long as this product is stored in its original packaging in an environments below 80°F and 60% RH. We are confident that our product will perform well beyond this time frame. However, it remains the responsibility of the user to assess the risk of using suck product. We encourage customers to develop functional testing protocols that will qualify a products fitness for use, in their actual applications.
Trademarks and References
- Alconox® is a registered trademark of Alconox Co.
- Freon® is a registered trademark of Du Pont de Nemours, E.l. and Company
- PolykenT is a trademark of Testing Machines Inc. Skydrol® is a registered trademark of the Monsanto Company
- SunlighterT is a trademark of the Test Lab Apparatus Company
- Super Agitene® is a registered trademark of Graymills Corporation
- ASTM: American Society for Testing and Materials (USA)
- All US Conventional Units are mathematically derived from the S.I. (metric) units
- Note: All values shown are averages and should not be used for specification purposes.
Test data and test results contained in this document are for general information only and shall not be relied upon by customers for designs and specifications, or be relied on as meeting specified performance criteria. Customers desiring to develop specifications or performance criteria for specific product applications should contact Rippedhseets.com for further information.
Rippedsheets.com products are sold with the understanding that the buyers will test them in actual use and determine for themselves their adaptability to their intended uses. Rippedsheets.com warrants to the buyers that its products are free from defects in material and workmanship, but limits its obligation under this warranty to replacement of the product shown to our satisfaction to have been defective at the time of the sell. This warranty does not extend to any persons obtaining the product from the buyers. This warranty is in lieu of any other warranty, express of implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and of any other obligations or liability on our part. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss, damage, expense, or consequential damages of any kind arising in connection with the use, or inability to use our products.
This product is currently available by special order. Pricing and shipping quotes available on request. Alternative materials may be available in stock. Please Contact Us for more information.